Sunday, October 9, 2022

5, 6, 7 - Fear Street Trilogy (2021)

Yes, I know I am running a little behind on my movie reviews, but i'm working on catching up.  Was just a busy weekend.  I watched the fear street trilogy and had watched all of them by friday, but sadly was unable to post in time to get them up friday night.  But whatever!  it's not like you care about my personal troubles!  You are just here for the movie reivews!  So let's get to them!  Why do I keep putting exclamation points at the end of everything?!

Fear Street 1994, 1978, 1666 (2021) - Fear Street is the saga of Sunnyvale vs Shadyside.  In Sunnyvale, everyone is wealthy and everyone is safe and everyone is happy and everyone is healthy.  No bad things ever happen in Sunnyvale.  Why, they don't even have car accidents!  In Shadyside, basically just on the other side of town, bad things happen all the time.  People go insane, they beat each other up, people are stabbed and killed and there's basically a serial killer going on a killing spree there every other week. Of course, they don't actually have a sherriff in Shadyside, they just send the sheriff of sunnyvale over to clean up the mess once the killing is done.  In the midst of this mess live Deena and Josh, the latest residents of Shadyside to fall victim to the curse of the Witch, Sara Fier.

Okay, basically this is a 5-hour movie broken up into three parts for easy viewing.  Part one is titled Fear Street 1994 and you definitely have to watch these things in order to understand what's going on, and not chronological order.  So, don't start with 1666 and work your way up because that will just screw everything up and your head will explode.  Trust me, i am still cleaning up the walls.  So, 1994 is obviously the year this starts, and Deena and Josh are sister and brother heroes who get sucked into the Witch's Curse right after the latest round of killings happens.  Everyone knows about the witch's curse.  Sara Fier was hung as a witch, and cursed the residents of Shadyside.  No one really believes in the curse, except there's no good reason why someone goes crazy every few months and starts murdering innocent shadysiders for no particular reason.  Deena and Josh end up getting sucked into it when Deena's ex-girlfriend gets involved, and then... yea.  All hell breaks loose.  Of course.  Part one happens mostly in 1994, and be warned, there's 2 major flashbacks that happen, so be ready for those.  Normally I don't like flashbacks but when they go tot he trouble of breaking them up into succinct and distinctly-viewable piecees like this, I'm intrigued.

Part 2 happens in 1978, and is a flashback from 1994 to some summer camp killings in shadyside in 1978.  As I mentioned, you only have to wait a week before the next bad thing happens in Shadysde, and in 1978, the bad thing that happened was that Tommy Slater went nuts and hacked up some kids with an axe.  Part 2 is all about that.  Part 3 is titled Fear Street 1666, and details yet another flashback (easily watchable chunks, so i didn't get annoyed by them, thanks for that) to 1666, when the witch Sara Fier was hung, and then we snap back to 1994 for the final conclusion to this epic saga.  1666 is when all the bad things started happening in Shadyside, and tells you how all this started.  All these movies came out in 2021, I think

This wasn't a bad set of movies.  Pretty classic Witch's Curse stuff.  Multiple brands of killers involved, axe murderers, and so on.  Some of them are pretty creepy, like the girl who sings a song as she stalks you down and starts cutting you up with her switchblade.  Tommy Slater seems an obvious rip-off of Jason Voorhees fromt he friday the 13th films, even going so far as to have a sack over his head like in the 2nd and 3rd Friday the 13th films, before he picked up and put on his signature hockey mask.  Just ona  side note, I once carved a halloween jack-o-lantern with eyes and holes in the classic Jason hockey mask pattern.  All the trick or treaters loved it, and I got many compliments.  Anyways.  Enough about how awesome I am.  So Tommy Slater is a Jason ripoff, who cares.  It works for the movie.  I am sure several other killers were ripped off from other horror franchises too, but I didn't really care about the rest.

Special effecsts were decent for this sort of film.  There was a little bit of nudity in part 2, but the only only actress I really recognized in this whole movie series was Sadie Sink, I think her name is, from Stranger Things.  The rest of the cast was good but I don't think I've seen them in other places yet.  Available on netflix if you want to watch it, and have not done so already.  Good viewing, and I will probably try and watch the whole set of movies again next spooky season, just for fun.

In other news, it's still spooky season, and I'm still two movies behind, so I am going to go find some other movies to watch before the weekend is out!  Slow news week, as far as I know, not that I pay much attention to the news these days.  See you in my next review, will will probably be in a couple hours.  Man I really have an urge for Halloween candy right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...