Tuesday, October 18, 2022

18 - Night Teeth (2021)

Okay, my head is kinda fried tonight, so I'm gonna make this quick.  Why is it fried, you ask?  Chronic pain issues!  Yeah, been bugging me all day.  Course, the day's been kind of a waste anyways, Rain and cold and windy all day long.  Yeah, nothing going on anyways.  Just one of those days, you know?  Just gotta get through it and hope the next one is better.  I was going to make this quick, right, thanks for reminding me.
Night Teeth (2021) is the story of a substitute driver and his adventures across LA on one fateful night.  Benny's older brother Jay is the usual driver, and Jay's girlfriend has been kidnapped!  So Jay has a little business to take care of, because Jay's the leader of the Boyle Street Gang, and he's got a full night ahead of him.  So Benny, Jay's little brother, takes over his professional driver duties.  Unfortunately, Jay's enemies have planned ahead, and have hired Jay to drive them around all night.  Only problem is, they don't get Jay, they get Benny.  And that changes everything.

Night Teeth is a vampire movie, in case that's hard to figure out.  It shouldn't be.  I mean, it's kinda there in the title.  Night Teeth.  It's either vampires or werewolves, right?  In this case, Vampires.  So let's see, decent effects for this kind of movie, nothing outstanding.  More attention is paid to the driving and the conversations than to the actual fighting, which, just sort of happens in the background a lot.  I mean I guess that's how violence is sometimes.  Just happens in the background.  Or at least, that's how it is in this movie.  Only recognized a couple actors in this, Megan Fox had a brief cameo and Alfie Allen (from game of thrones, the old one, not the new one) has a slightly more involved part.

This movie wasn't bad.  Worth a watch, at least, I think it was worth it.  Nothing world-shaking happens.  It's basically the same plot as Collateral, with Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise, where Tom Cruise is a hitman and Jamie Foxx is a cab driver, only with vampires.  On netflix if you want to check it out.  No nudity, which was a surprise considering the cast, and not as much violence as I'd like, which was weird considering the plot of the movie.  I don't know, maybe I just kinda zoned out during the violence, which is unusual for me.  I'm not at my best right now.

In other news, there is no other news.  I'm a vegetable.  I'd say kinda like broccoli, but at this point, I'm not even that interesting.  More like cauliflower.  Yeah, that sounds about right.  I took a nap this afternoon and just kinda blanked out for 40 minutes and woke up without any sensation of having rested or feeling rested.  Just blink, and it's 40 minutes later.  I guess I was tired.  But hey, I am always like this after a drive.  Chronic pain issues and all.  So I'm going to end things here and hope I'm more with it tomorrow evening, which, I will probably miss because I'm playing D&D.  So I'll see you guys thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...