Tuesday, October 11, 2022

11 - Umma (2022)

So hard to find horror movies on just one service.  Oh well.  Took me forever to track this one down, but I haven't seen it before, and that's the important thing.  Also, I have indigestion right now.  Ugh.  Shouldn't have eaten three slices of pumpkin cake so soon after dinner.  I mean, it's tasty and all but much better going down than coming back up, amirite?

Umma (2022) - Umma apparently means mother in korean.  So tonight's netflix movie is about a mother who ran away from her abusive mother and started a new life with her daughter, except now, her mother has found her, and has come home.  Which, is probably bad, because her mom is dead.

Yea, I'm not really giving anything away that isn't revealed in the first ten minutes of this short (one hour and about 20 minutes) movie.  Sandra Oh plays Amanda, Dermot Mulroney is her friend from town (no, not that white man from town, this is not about gypsies, that's another movie entirely) and there's a small supporting cast that I didn't recognize, but they get the job done.  Effects are decent, some korean culture tossed in for good measure, a few light scares.  It's not a bad watch, but unlikely I will watch it again.  Check it out on netflix if you want to keep up with me.  Eleven movies down, 21 to go!

In other news, Angela Lansbury died at age 96.  I remember my dad watching her in murder she wrote back in the late 80s and early 90's.  I guess she's been doing mostly stage plays since then because i really don't recall seeing her in anything since.  I knew she was still alive and all because I've seen little bits and pieces about her the last ten years or so but nothing major.  RIP!

In other other news, my mom would have turned 90 last week, but has been deceased for a little over 6 months now.  I wished her a happy birthday and had ice cream she would have enjoyed.  RIP too, mom.  I have no idea where you are right now, but I hope you're having fun.

Catch you guys tomorrow or the day after for another movie review.  I may not post tomorrow.  I'm probably DMing a D&D session for my buds.  Should be the end of their adventure unless my players really screw things up.  Which, can happen!  Bad dice rolls and all.  I'll catch up on thursday.  Night for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...