Wednesday, October 23, 2019

#22 - Hollow Man 2 (2006)

I actually like Christian Slater as an actor.  Okay, I admit, he's not an academy award winner or anything, nor do I think he'll ever be considered for one, but that's not the point.  He makes a living at it, and the movies he makes are generally entertaining to watch.  He was huge back in the late 80's and early 90's, but lately he's not so huge.  Oh well, stars have their ups and downs, amirite?  Right.

Hollow Man (2006) is about an invisible assassin who escapes from government oversight, and is on a mission.  The mission involves saving his own life, because the invisibility infusion is slowly degrading his internal organs.  That's right, the invisible man is going to die, and he knows it!  Can he get the antidote, before it's all over?

Hollow Man replaces Kevin Bacon with Christian Slater in the title role, and while he actually only shows up in two scenes (he plays the Hollow man, obviously, so he's invisible most of the time), this movie just did not do as well.  I caught this movie on Crackle.com, and there were a bunch of commercials to sit through to get all the way through it.  I really hate commercials.  Yes, I know, if you're going to offer a free service, you have to pay for it somehow.  I get it.  It's not that I begrudge Crackle their money.  I still hate the commercials, though.  Especially when they want me to do "interactive" commercials, so they can target their ads at me even better!  No thanks!  I'll just go grab a drink during commercials like always, and screw you and your advertising dollars.  Sorry, did I mention I hate commercials?  :-D

I've actually seen Hollow Man 2 before, and apparently it was so bad, I didn't quite recall seeing it.  The end stuck in my head, though, so maybe that's all I caught of it.  I can't really recommend it, I mean, the movie wasn't that bad, but it was kind of predictable.  Nothing new to see here, I guess.  Heh.  See here.  Cuz it's Hollow man.  Invisible!  geddit?  :-D  Okay. Moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...