Wednesday, October 23, 2019

#23 - Messengers 2: The Scarecrow (2009)

I'm not a big fan of the Walking Dead, so the name of Norman Reedus really didn't mean anything to me.  I mean, I'm watching this movie and I'm like "Norman Reedus, that name sounds familiar, and that guy looks familar, but why?"  So, yeah, I had to look him up on IMDB.com after this movie, to recall where I had seen him before.

Messengers 2: The Scarecrow (2009) is a movie about a farmer who is having a pretty bad run of bad luk, until he puts up an old scarecrow he found in a hidden cubbyhole in his barn.  Look, I don't know about you guys, but after having watched horror movies all my life, anything you find in a hidden cubbyhole is going to be BAD NEWS.  Anyways, poor Mr. Farmer doesn't listen to the warnings, and sure enough...  okay, all hell doesn't break loose this time, but bad things sure happen.

Norman Reedus is the farmer, Heather Stephens is his unbelievably hot wife, and Richard Riehle is the wise old neighbor.  The acting was decent, the production values (in other words, I didn't see any microphones in the shots and it doesn't look like it was filmed by school children) were good and the story was okay, but this movie wasn't that great.  I don't know why, really, maybe it needed more scarecrow?  I love scarecrows.  There's a whole movie about scarecrows out there somewhere.  I've seen it.  Maybe I can find it and review it before the end of this month.  Anyways, I also caught this movie on Crackle (I was already there watching Hollow Man 2), so if you want to watch it there, go ahead.  Gotta say the wise old neighbor's wife was also unbelievably hot, so if you're just looking to get an eyeful of a couple of very hot farmer's wives in addition to your horror movie fix, this is the place to find it.  Other than that, I can't see why you'd want to watch this movie.  I think I've seen it before, as well, but nothing about this movie really stands out.

Okay, that's all for tonight, and I'm all caught up!  Hope everyone else out there is having fun, watching horror movies, or whatever else it is normal folks do this time of year.  Hey, don't ask me.  I haven't been normal since... Well, before birth, really.  :-/  One more week to go!  Wheeee this should be a fun weekend of horror movie watching, amirite?  Yes!  Yes I am!  See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...