Wednesday, October 23, 2019

#21 - Quarantine (2008)

Yep!  Out of control dumpster fire fell behind in his posts again. :-D  To be fair, I had a good excuse, I went on a lovely drive in the countryside, checking out the fall colors.  It was great!  fun was had by all.  Now, on the reviews!  Got some catchin' up to do.

Quarantine (2008) is about a reporter trying to catch a story by hanging out with a group of Firemen.  Nothing's happening for a while, and she's just joking around with the firemen, wishing they'd get a call so she could get a good story.  Her cameraman is with her, and finally the cdall does come in, and boy, what a story!  They're called to an apartment to try and handle a crazy old lady who's locked herself in her apartment.  After some atttempts at contacting her, the firemen manage to reabk down the apartment door and...  you got it.  All hell breaks loose.  :-D

I caught this movie on one of the Starz! channels on cable TV, so you can probably see it there if you want to.  Jennifer Carpenter (of Dexter fame, or at least, that's where I know her from) plays the reporter, and I think the only other persons I recognized were a couple people from the apartment complex with the old lady.   This movie is done entirely from the perspective of the camera held by the camera man, so everything focuses on the reporter and what you can see from that perspective.  Very slow starter, but it spawned several sequels, so it can't be all bad.  Honestly, I have watched it twice and I still can't figure out the ending It's all darkness and night vision from the camera), but the horror factor and jump scares ramp up slowly and then just try very hard to get worse, so they do give it a fair shot.  Not a bad watch,  and I do like watching Jennifer Carpenter.  She looks like a fun drinkin buddy.

Moving on to the next review! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...