Tuesday, October 15, 2019

#14 - Halloween (2018)

Jamie Lee Curtis is pretty much associated with the Halloween movie series for life, so it makes sense she keeps doing the sequels.

Halloween (2018) is the latest sequel / reboot attempt.  Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis comes back to reprise her role) has spent the last 40 years hiding out from Michael Myers, and even raised a dysfunctional family that pretty much hates her.  Right around the time that Laurie's grand-daughter reaches out to her to mend the broken bonds of family, they decide to move Michael Myers to a different facility.  On October 30th.  Of course.

Why do they always decide to move him at the end of October?  Why do they not move him on, say, Easter?  So many questions!  Anyways, this was your classic "none-of-that-other-crap-happened-after-the-first-movie" reboot.  I didn't like the way they just ret-conned everything, because I think at least some of it could have been incorporated into this movie, but maybe they wanted a clean start.  Meh, it wasn't like anyone consulted me about it.  Not a bad movie, typical Michael Myers stuff, but I've seen it a couple times already and it's entertaining, at least.  I hope I didn't already review it, but if I did already at some point this past year, I don't care.  I'm still trying to catch up.  Caught this on one of the HBO channels, if you want to watch it.

Moving on to my final review for the night!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...