Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sheer Insanity

In my continuing "people are insane" motif, I just wanted to mention my nephew. I have 4 of them, so let me clarify, only one is insane. The other 3, well, 2 are "eccentric" and one is "alcoholic" i believe is the scientific term.

So let's talk about the insane one! :-D

Like I mentioned in my last post, my nephew drove up from florida to take me to work monday when my vehicle was having issues. And yes, I mean, he's family, and he feeds me, so I love him and all, but... The guy's a certifiable loon. And it's not so's you'd notice, either. He's a functional loon. It only sneaks out at certain times, but I'm a genius with a sharp eye, so I catch these things.

Let's go back about 30 years or so, to give you some background. When we were kids, he lived near me, so we played together frequently. And invariably, he'd always take the toys i was playing with literally out of my hands and start playing with them. I know, this sounds petty coming from an adult, but bear with me, it's just to illustrate what I am talking about. So I'd get upset, but he'd only do it when no adults were looking, so by the time we were arguing over who was playing with it first, an adult would come over, and because I was three years older, I was invariably the one who was told to "share." And then of course, the minute the adult's back was turned, the little brat would proceed to gloat over his victory, hit me, slap me, and otherwise annoy the shit out of me while the adult's back was turned. And then, since I was literally without recourse to stop the teasing, stealing, and abuse (adults never listen!), I would get mad and attempt to beat the snot out of the little brat. Unfortunately, it was usually at the point that he attracted the adult's attention, and hearing my roars of anger, the adult intervened and the little devil got out of what he so richly deserved. So, of course, he kept doing it.

Now, so you don't think I am the odd one, my one sister was wise to this (I have 3), and on occasion, perhaps two or three times in the little brat's life, she let me get my vengeance by turning a blind eye to us and letting me sort it out myself, usually by beating the snot out of him. Of course, since my other sister was the little brat's mother, my perceptive sister got in trouble for it on occasion, and the brat's mother never got wise to her son's ways. Eh, it happens. Flash forward 30 years, when you'd think we'd have grown up by now...

I've only heard him mention this on a few occasions, but each time the one wise sister and myself were aghast at this, but... my nephew claims I was the bully when we were kids. Yep, apparently I was the one who teased and abused him, and used the adults as a shield to prevent HIM from beating ME up. Hmmmm. Maybe i hit him so hard he got brain damaged? Yea, so apparently, my nephew has stolen my childhood and has been not only claiming it as his own, but telling various peoples that I am a bully as a result of the "abuse" he suffered at my hands.

The latest incident involving this occurred last evening, whilst we were playing cards. He's got a wife now, my nephew (he's had 3). So we're playing cards, Phase 10, by the way, and he's winning, so I skipped him a few times with a skip card (you get to decide who to skip). He gets all upset because he's a ridiculously sore loser, despite the fact that he's winning, and tells his wife I used to do this stuff all the time to him when we were kids, and that's why HE hates bullies. Yea. HIM. I was like :-o Never mind the fact that I've actually seen him grab his wife's face and basically rub her nose in something she did wrong. Like she was a goddamned dog or something. Wtf? So I start to argue with him, and he starts treating me like I am one of his ex-employees, telling me I need to learn that there are consequences for my actions, or some shit. I'm like... :-o

And don't even feel bad for him because he's been a supervisor for the last 10 years and recently lost his job. Him and his wife have so much money they just bought a boat. AFTER he lost his job. Yea.

How does someone get so out of touch with reality that they not only think they are me, but they use my own excuse for hating bullies to BULLY everyone else? And not recognize that they have become what they say they hate? Or maybe he's just such an exceptionally fine bullshitter that he believes his own bullshit? He is a salesman. If he gets any better at lying and losing touch with reality he'll have a great future as a politician. Maybe I should suggest that to him?

Is that how life works? Basically, my nephew is a bully, and he becomes a supervisor. That's the third person I've recognized as a bully becoming a supervisor. So basically, the same kids who used to beat you up and steal your lunch money on the playground get to boss your ass around once you grow up? And this is encouraged?

Knowing how bullies work, I guess there isn't much else that they can do, come to think of it. They are too afraid of whatever things made them become a bully in the first place to face those fears and grow from it. Most of them aren't terribly bright. So we give them jobs as our overlords to supervise us? They eventually become heads of companies, politicians, lawmakers? How does this make any sense? Is all government actually government by bully, because the rest of us are too scared to beat the snot out of the bullying brat?

I don't really see the point in that. I must be too sane. Dammit, I hate when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...