Monday, October 31, 2022

31 - Fright Night (2011)

Last review of the month!  Got my 31 reviews in!  Yay!  Woohoo!  yippee!  Yaaaaaaa hooo hoo hoo hooooooeeeee!  Sorry, i got excited.  that last yahoooiee was a bit overboard.  No, trust me, i know, two hoo-hoo's is one thing, but three is right the hell out.

Fright Night (2011) is a story about a boy named Charley, poor high-school kid barely kept his girlfriend happy.  Then one day he was checking out his neighbor, and out of this house come a smooth-talkin vampyr.  Vampire, that is.  Bloodsucker.  Not the sparkly kind, either.

Sorry, couldn't resist a little beverly hillbillies humor.

i still prefer the original 1985 version of Fright Night, but this reboot isn't bad at all.  It's got the late Anton Yelchin as Charley Brewster, Colin Ferrell as the neighborly vampire, Jerry.  Toni Collete plays Charley's mom, David Tenant plays Peter Vincent this time around, and Imogen Poots is Charley's girlfriend Amy.  Effects were good, acting was excellent, the plot was cohereht and the ending was satisfying.  Can't really beat that combination, now can we?  I've seen it plenty of times and I keep coming back for more.

That's it for this month!  31 reviews in 31 days!  OHMAT is offically a winner this year!  Yay!

I think I am high on chocolate and sugar.  As I should be.  All is well.

In other news, I am still watching horror movies, and will be, all day and all night.  :-)

Happy Halloween, everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...