Friday, October 28, 2022

25, 26 - Hellhole, May the Devil Take You

 Okay, it's already after midnight so I am going to zip through these super quick.

Hellhole (2022) is a story about a bunch of women going missing near an old Monastery, so a police officer goes in there undercover to see if he can figure out what exactly is going on at the place.

I liked Hellhole.  It's a striaght-up horror fest with a bunch of cannibal monks hiding in plain sight.  Foreign film on netflix.  there were subtitles.  Acting was decent.  one of the funniest and most expected things i have always figured was supposed to eventually happen in a horror movie, finally happened, and took me by surprise.  made me laugh pretty hard.  not gonna ruin it for you, but you'll see what i mean.  trust me, the main protagonist finds it inappropriately hilarious as well.  Watch this one on netflix if you get the chance, i may watch it again next month if i have the time.  lots of gore, though.  effects were pretty decent for a movie of this type.  there was even a monster, too.  Ending was even good!

May the Devil Take You (2018) is one of those indian (like, from india) foreign horror flicks that deals with a lot of mthology I don't always follow.  Usuall there's witches involved?  I think there's one here too.

So this one was not as good as Hellhole, but they are both on netflix.  Acting was a little over the top.  Mostly jump scares here.  voodoo dolls are a thing.  I guess this one was good enough to spawn two sequels already, but I haven't seen those yet.  Maybe another time.

Okay, it's late, and there's not much else going on so I am calling it a night!  Til next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...