Friday, October 30, 2020

30 - Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight (2020)

Sometimes it's hard to find a good horror movie to watch and review.  Sometimes, Netflix drops two of them on the night before Halloween.  As I've mentioned before, I think the US has more horror films per capita than any other country, but other countries occasionally dip their toes into the waters of crystal lake.  Tonight's choice is from Poland, of all places!  I didn't even know they liked horror films.

Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight (2020) begins like many horror movies do, with a camp full of kids in the woods.  This camp is for technology addicts to unplug and spends a few days in the woods without electronic devices, detached from the internet and computer games.  There's the usual mix of nerds and attractive teenaged girls and in-your-face counselors shouting about the perils of spending too much time on the internet.  They seperate into groups, which is usually where bad things start to happens, and of course, since this is a horror movie, bad things start to happen.

This is a Polish film, so of course I do not know any of the stars in it.  Acting and special effects were about normal for a movie of this type.  It's on Netflix if you want to check it out.  I don't know if I'd watch it twice, but let me break it down for you, so you have some idea what you are getting into.  Think the friday the 13th / Jason Voorhees movies, only if Jason were twins, and was mutated by an alien meteor.  Yep, I think that about covers it.  You can pretty much see the influences from the Jason Voorhees films everywhere you look.  Still, it's not entirely a copy.  Worth a watch, at least once, I think.

In other news, it's almost Halloween!  :-)  Hope everyone is having some safe Halloween fun.  I am hearing bad things in the news about the coronavirus running rampant, like one person being infected every second and someone dying every minute or so.  I hope everyone is doing their best to stay safe.  Happy Halloween, in any case!  Until tomorrow night!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...