Wednesday, October 28, 2020

27 - The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018)

I've been watching demonic possession movies all evening.  It's kind of hard to pick the best one, which was probably the Exorcist, which I have already reviewed this month.  The most realistic was probably the Exorcism of Emily Rose, but it's mostly legal stuff and not much action.  So I'll just pick the most entertaining one of the bunch.

The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018) begins in a Morgue, like many horror movies do.  The new night employee, Megan Reed, has a history, like many people do.  She used to be a police officer, but when her partner was killed, she couldn't draw her gun.  She just froze up.  It happens.  People just don't know how they are going to react in stressful situations, until they get put into one.  Sometimes, not all the training in the world can help.  Megan turned to drugs and alcohol, and eventually lost her job.  After recovering from her addiction, Megan was able to get a job in the Morgue.  Unfortunately, the new corpse being admitted to the Morgue tonight has a history, too.  And so does the bum who just broke into the Morgue.

Shay Mitchell plays Megan Reed, but I didn't really recognize the rest of the cast (or Shay Mitchell, for that matter)  Acting was decent, effects were pretty good for a movie of this type.  Gray Damon plays Andrew Kurtz, Megan's ex.  Kirby Johnson does a good job playing the corpse, Hannah Grace.  Nick Thune is Randy, a friendly ambulance driver.  Um, I think that's almost everybody.  I caught this movie on one of the Starz channnels.  Kind of a fun watch, a little scary here and there, generally high levels of tension and suspense, but still plenty of action.  I think I reviewed this one last year for my ohmrat 2019 and it's still jsut as entertaining, so certainly re-watchable.  Watch it if you feel like seeing a couple peeps do battle with a possessed corpse, and are tired of the usual Priest vs Demon battle royale scenario.

In other news, it's late, and I'm sleepy!  :-)  Only a few more days to go.  Hope I find some entertaining movies to watch.  Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...