Monday, October 26, 2020

26 - Girls With Balls (2018)

I must confess, I was actually looking for Tucker and Dale vs Evil when I stumbled upon this one.  Alan Tudyk is awesome, and I am definitely going to try and watch that somewhere again at some point.  America might have the best horror movies (ok, we probably have the most horror movies, if not the best, but at least we're great at something), but that doesn't mean other countries don't dip their hand into the horror genre at one point or another.

Girls With Balls (2018) is a french film (I think) about an all-girls volleyball team that takes a wrong turn at Alburqurque (sorry, bugs bunny reference) and ends up hanging out with a bunch of cannibalistic hillbilly hicks that like to hunt girls for sport.  But these aren't just any girls, these are the Falcons, the Champions!  And they aren't just going to lie down and take something like being killed and eaten!  They're going to fight back!

This movie stars a bunch of mostly-cute french girls that I have never seen before in my life.  Acting was barely passable for a movie of this type.  Effects were about as poor as the acting.  It's not that the movie wasn't entertaining, but it was almost played for laughs, like it was supposed to be a spoof, but nothing about the movie is actually funny.  I guess if you want to see a bunch of French Volleyball girls goofing off for a third of a movie, then running like hell for a third of the movie, then fighting with a bunch of inbred french dudes for the last third of the movie, then, watch this?  It's on Netflix if you feel the urge.  Not sure I'd watch it again.  Like I said, it's not that it wasn't entertaining, but scary or a serious slasher flick, it definitely isn't.  Still, I suppose it's sort of a comedy-horror flick?  Honestly, it's hard to classify this one.  I almost want to say it's bad, and it is, like when the Coach runs across a small dog, and it just attacks his scrotum for no apparent reason.  Other parts are laced with blood and gore, so, if that's what you are looking for, there is plenty of that here.  All in all, I'd say, meh?

In other news, there is no other news.  Halloween is this coming weekend, and I hope everyone is loving the horror movies like I am.  See you guys tomorrow night for another review!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...