Monday, October 12, 2020

12 - Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)

Witches are pretty popular around this time of year, both for Halloween costumes and horror movie villains.  Also, I think halloween is one of the eight witches sabbats or something?  I don't know.  It's been years since I danced naked under the full moon, and I was really drunk at the time, and that's probably too much information for you.

Hansel and gretel: Witch Hunters (2013) is more of an action movie than a horror movie.  Hansel and gretel, after barely survivng the whole nearly-being-cooked-by-a-witch-in-their-childhood thing, are now professional witch hunters, going from town to town to clear out covens of witches.  The only problem is, there's a blood moon coming up (also very sacred for werewolves, or so I hear) and there's a lot of children missing from this next village.  What could the witches need all those children for, I wonder?  Probably got something to do with that blood moon, if I had to guess.

Jeremy Renner stars as Hansel and Gemma Arterton is Gretel.  Famke Janssen plays the evil Witch, which is awesome, because she is badass in just about every movie she's ever been in.  This is more action movie than anything else, there's not really any suspense, but I just felt like a little variety in my horror movies tonight.  The special effects were pretty decent, especially the wide selection of mechnical weapons the Witch hunters seem to have invented.  The troll looked a bit goofy.  This movie wasn't really scary, but it was entertaining and a fun watch.  I've seen it a couple times now.  Probably watch it again at some point, just for kicks.  :-)  I caught this on AMC's fear fest.  I been waiting for Hocus Pocus to show up on whatever channel that's on, but all I'm getting lately is the addams family.  Meh, that's a fun watch too.

Okay, that's all for tonight.  It's late and there wasn't really anything scary on this evening.  As I said at the beginning, half the battle of OHMRAT is finding a good movie to watch and review every day this month!  :-)  Catch you guys tomorrow night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...