Tuesday, October 8, 2019

#7 - The Rake (2018)

Yep, I know, I'm behind a day.  I came down with the flu and it was my mom's birthday yesterday, so things got busy.  I'll toss in a double feature one of these days and get all caught up!  Hey, this is what happens!  Life.  Either that, or the monsters get you.

The Rake (2018) is, sadly, not about a possessed lawn care tool.  Which, would be totally awesome, and I'd watch it.  Ben and Ashley are just kids when their father is treating a deranged mental patient who breaks into their home.  Years later, Ben and Ashley are trying to make their way through life with the help of their adopted sister, when the past comes bubbling back up again.  Can Ben and Ashley stuff the genie back into the bottle, or is that just a stupid Christina Aguilera song?

Yeah, sorry, I know, my plot summaries need work.  I has a fever, okay?  :-/  I caught this movie on Vudu, and despite there being commercials and it being a short movie (an hour and fifteen minutes or so), it's actually pretty decent.  The acting was decent, the special effects were okay, but the story was good and the action went fast.  The action escalates so quickly, in fact, that a death occurred and they didn't even show it on-screen.  You'd think they could have spared a minute or two to show the death scene, but maybe they couldn't afford to hire another actress.  Anyways, the movie was either actually pretty decent for a low-budget no-name-actor flick, OR it was a good fever-dream and I have no idea what's going on right now.  I guess chances are 50/50, either way.  :-/

Okay, that's all for tonight, I've been kinda zonin' in and out all day so I'm gonna keep it short.  Hope everyone had a nice Oktoberfest (it ended sunday) and is looking forward to the Halloween season!  Me, I just like the horror movies.  Oh, and the candy.  Fall colors are nice, too.  I'm rambling.  Fuck it, I knew I should have ended this post five minutes ago.  Told you when I started this month!  Fucking, out-of-control dumpster fire, that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...