Sunday, October 6, 2019

#6 - Slaughterhouse Rulez (2018)

Time for a new movie!  I saw this one on Starz, which is one of the pay-cable channels.  Not everyone has those anymore.  Might show up on netflix at some point, who knows?

Slaughterhouse Rulez (2018) is a story about a less-wealthy lad getting into to a posh school over in england, and then trying to navigate the complicated corridors of knowledge. meandwhile, the school has decided to frack the land for extra cash, which, of course, causes all hell to break loose!

Slaughterhouse Rulez is a slow-starter, so be warned.  Mostly, you're dealing with the eccentricities of rich lads in a fancy english school.  There's the whole rules-breaking, rules-following, infighting, all the usual school carp that I am so glad I don't have to deal with anymore.  At least there's some laughs along the way.  It's got Simon Peg and Nick Frost, and Margot Robbie sort of phones in a performance, literally.   Then, finally, just when you think you're going to die of sheer boredom waiting for something to happen, it does.  And yes, all hell breaks loose.

I don't think I'd watch slaughterhouse Rulez again. I mean, once was okay. and it is, technically, a horror movie and there are actual monsters, so, I mean, it checks some of the boxes and all.  Plus, there's a latin orgy, ffs.  I haven't seen that sort of thing since Caligula!  So, don't miss that, if you feel like watching a horror comedy kinda thing.  Can't say that the acting was stellar but meh.

That's all for tonight, pressed for time as usual!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...