Thursday, October 17, 2019

#17 - Thirst (2016)

Okay, so I'm scraping through the bottom of the barrel on Vudu, and what do I find?  Something worth watching!  :-o  Yes, I was as shocked as you are.

Thirst (2016) is about a group of wayward teens going through one of those "last chance" retreats to reform their evil ways before they end up dead or in jail.  You know the types, hackers, delinquents, runaways, people who play Fortnite, the useless dregs of society.  A feuding couple named Burt and Claire run the camp for wayward teens, and set out on a week-long trip to rough it, and hopefully change the lives of some young whippersnappers.  Turns out, they're not alone out there in the vast desert wasteland.  Those teens' lives are going to change all right... if they live!

This movie had a bunch of nobodies I've never heard of before. The acting wasn't great and the special effects were only slightly better than syfy movie of the week stuff, but the story was coherent and the action was frequent.  Can't say as I was thrilled with the hero of this tale, but I also can't say the story wasn't entertaining, at least the first time around.  Catch Thirst on Vudu if' you've got a couple hours to kill, and you want to watch a reasonably-okay creature feature.

In other news, there is no other news.  I'm going to go play some computer games.  Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...