Tuesday, October 15, 2019

#12 - Hollow Man (2000)

Trying to catch up on all my horror movie reviews in one fell swoop!  Tonight's series of reviews is brought to you by the letter H.

Hollow Man (2000) is a modern-day remake of the Invisible man story.  The leader of a team of scientists is attempting to create a formula that makes people vanish, and he does so.  But like he tells the team of military backers funding him, making them vanish is easy.  Bringing them back, is the hard part.

Hollow Man stars Kevin Bacon as the head scientst (this is quite possibly the only Kevin Bacon movie I enjoy, not because he's not a good actor, but because he doesn't do many horror movies), Elisabeth Shue is his former lover (awesome actress, I wish she'd do more horror, I love her in horror movies), a young Josh Brolin is her current lover and Kevin Bacon's rival, and there's a bunch of other veteran actors you might recognize.  Hollow Man is a perennial Halloween favorite, and I have probably reviewed it before, but cut me some slack, I'm trying to catch up on my reivews.  Hollow Man is playing on Epix / HDNET (cable channels) if you want to see it this month, and I can heartily recommend it.  Great production values, excellent special effects, great acting, and I've seen this movie several times, so it's perfectly re-watchable.

Moving on to the next review so I can catch up!  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...