Monday, October 29, 2018

#29: Dead in the Water (2018)

Yep, I'm still reviewing Syfy movies.  Tonight's was an "original SyFy production" but it also said it was produced by "Blue Ice Productions" so I don't know who made it.  It was on this past Saturday, but it was on SyFy, so you know where to find it, right?  Right!

Dead in the Water (2018) starts out with an all-female crew on a ship at sea, probably a bunch of PETA folks looking to tag a Japanese Whaling Vessel doing some illegal whaling.  Then a fog bank rolls in ahead of a monster Category 3 Hurricane, and the engine conks out.  The crew knows they can't keep the ship headed into the waves without the engine, and if they don't, the ship will eventually capsize and sink.  To complicate matters, they catch sight of someone floating out at sea, and attempt a rescue mission in the middle of a fog bank while waiting for the storm to hit.  And that's just in the first fifteen minutes.

Dead in the Water starred a bunch of people I've never seen before. The acting was decent, but the movie was all pretty much action and suspense.  Everything happens out at sea, mostly during a raging hurricane.  The action is pretty frequent and consistent.  Special effects were decent, and if you want to know if this movie passes my qualification for a horror movie, yes, it does.  I don't want to give anything else away by saying anything else, because this movie actually isn't too bad.  I might even watch it again at some point, if they show it again on SyFy.

In other news, it's October 29th and I've only got two movies left to review for this month!  Can I do it?  Can I complete OHMRAT 2018?  Who knows?  Not me, that's for sure.  I wake up every morning not even knowing what day it is, feeling pain from my old injuries, groggy from my usually-poor night's sleep.  On the plus side, I always wake up looking this good, so, there's that.  :-D

That's all for tonight.  Catch you guys tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...