Sunday, October 21, 2018

#21 - Killer High (2018)

You know, sometimes I kick myself for watching crappy horror movies on Syfy, considering the poor quality of movies that they usually show.  Every once in a while, though, Syfy comes through with something decent.  It's like winning 1.6 billion in the Mega millions lottery, only without the pesky issues of what to do with all your riches!  So, nothing like that at all, then.  Yeah.

Killer High (2018) is about a high school reunion gone horribly wrong.  Sabrina has spent the last ten years of her life planning for the perfect high school reunion, mostly because everyone else in her graduating class moved away from their dying town, and she was stuck taking care of her dying mother.  But tonight's the night, and Sabrina's thought of absolutely everything!  Except the giant killer boar that's tearing through her old high school, where the reunion's happening.  Well, there's always a fly in the ointment, isn't there?

Killer High is actually all about character development, and instead of a crappy CGI monster, they used a guy in a boar costume!  Or at least, that's what it looked like.  In the end, it doesn't really matter, because the monster is going to look fake one way or another.  Until we get real monster actors, anyways.  #endhumanonmonsterviolence, #realmonsteractorsinrealmonsterroles.  Bear with me, I'm still getting the hang of this hashtag thing.  That having been said, the special effects were minimally effective and ultimately secondary to the character development in the story.  It's almost like someone over there at Syfy was actually reading my blog and correcting their past mistakes!  What are the odds?  Probably very close to zero, I would think.

Sabrina was played by Kacey Rohl and Rosario was played by Humberly Gonzalez, and I don't care how wrong it might be, but I am totally shipping those two to hook up for a sequel.  Bring back the killer boar for Killer High 2!  Come on, who needs logic, it's a damn horror movie!  The supporting cast was excellent, even though I don't think I recognized a single one of them.  Yea, maybe the budget was cheap and the effects sucked, but the story and acting were decent, and isn't that what really matters in a horror movie?  I think so!  I loved the message on the inside of the locker door near the end.  That was awesome, and a nice touch.

In other news, I'm liking Sunday Nights on the CW.  Supergirl followed by Charmed, it's like two hours of girl-power.  I like it, and I'm not even female.  Plus, there's two hours of cute ladies to stare at, so watch it, already!  If you're, you know, not busy doing something else.  That's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...