Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Horror Movie Review #8 - Terror Tract (2000)

How many of you guys remember Three's Company?  Good old Jack living with two women, and poor old Mr. Roper (I think that was his name, played by Don Knotts) only allowing it under his roof because he thought Jack was gay?  Well, good old Jack was played by John Ritter, who passed away about, oh, ten years ago now.  Before he died, John made a horror movie!  Yea, I know, seems strange, doesn't it?  Then again, I suppose, it's perhaps the most laughable and funniest amongst us who hide the most horrifying of demons.  Just like clowns.

Terror Tract (2000) is an anthology.  I don't usually like anthologies, but I made an exception in this case because John Ritter AND Bryan Cranston were both in it.  To be honest, I have only ever watched one episode of Breaking Bad, which is supposedly some kind of phenomenal show, because there weren't any monsters in it.  What can I say, I have my standards.  John Ritter stars as a real estate agent who is trying to sell a nice young couple a house.  David DeLuise plays the guy who brings his wife along to house after house, looking for the perfect fit.  Unfortunately, John Ritter explains the history behind every house he shows the couple, and frankly, after that, the couple just doesn't seem to want the house anymore for some strange reason.  Full Disclosure, indeed.

I don't like anthologies because of the shortness of the tales, to be quite honest.  I like to tell people I have a long attention span (as opposed to a short one) because I can't really enjoy anything that lasts less than an hour.  Luckily, this anthology only contains three sub-stories and the overlapping tale, so each of the stories lasts a bit.  Each of the tales seemed sort of unoriginal, so either there's nothing new here or I've actually seen this movie before, which is entirely possible.  lol

Still, the acting was decent, the end was funny, and the tales were well done.  I can't say as I'd watch it again anytime soon, since, pretty much once you've seen it, you know how it ends and all, but it was fun watching the first time, if a bit of a slow build.  If you want to watch it, it's on Netflix.

That's all for tonight, I seem to have a bit of a headache coming on.  See you guys tomorrow with a new review!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...