Tuesday, October 23, 2012

#23 - The Gate

MOVIE:  The Gate (1987).  Available on netflix til 10/30.

PLOT:  Demons with unimaginable power who once ruled the universe find their way back into our world by way of a deep hole in a suburban backyard.  Sending their minions out into the world to obtain two human sacrifices, they try and take over the world they once ruled!  And they would have got away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

OVERALL ENJOYMENT:  Good solid B-movie.  Lots of demonic critters, even a zombie!

GOOD POINTS:  Demonic entities, zombies, corpses, possessed moths, creepy parents.

BAD POINTS:  80's special effects.  No nudity.

SPOILERS:  "Ancient demons with unimaginable power" just doesn't mean what it used to, you know?

IMPRESSIONS:  I like this movie but I have seen it before.  I don't remember reviewing it, and I'm way too headache-y to look right now.  I took an hour scouring netflix for something I haven't seen before, started a movie, realized I had seen it, and decided to watch this because netflix was getting rid of it by the 30th.  It's a solid B-movie, there's action, demons, zombies, stupid kids and teens and a demon that looks like a garden slug with arms.  What more could you ask for from the 80's?  To sum up, this is like a Disney interpretation of H.P. Lovecraft, which, still isn't that bad.

OTHER NEWS:  I has a headache.  Hopefully I can find a better movie tomorrow night.  Sorry for the short review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...