Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fall TV Review

Okay! As most of you know, I have no life. So of course, I was able to watch the new shows coming out this season. Here are the reviews so far this week!

HOUSE - Old favorite from years past. Going to be missing 13. Hottest cast member so far. Cuddy sleeping with house is not going to cut it for me. Which is what happened in the series premiere on monday. Pretty much all day. I'm guessing 3 or more times. Not bad for old, tired people. There was some other stuff that went on, too, but it wasn't important. Basically, 13 leaves, and Cuddy and House are now an item. Mondays at 8 pm on... Fox, maybe? One of those channels.

The Event - This one's new. Looks like aliens are involved. I hope this isn't a replacement for Lost because it's already starting to be confusing and the aliens look just like normal people, which just bugs me no end. If you are going to spend millions on making a new show, and then not display any aliens nor spaceships nor anything resembling a good special effect, then why bother making it about aliens at all? The basic plot is already missing parts, I presume most of which are going to be explained in further episodes, but this whole flashback/flashforward/flashsideways thing is already annoying. I may not watch this one for much longer.

Chase - Looked like crap. I literally watched it for 5 minutes, found no interest in any of the characters or action going on, and switched. Not a keeper. Some of you are going "How can you know you won't like a show in the first 5 minutes?" I KNOW. Look, if the show doesn't grab me by the balls and drag me to the edge of my seat, it's not worth my time. I feel the same way about women, but honestly, I'm worried my balls are going to start getting damaged if I get too popular with the ladies. I can see it now. "What the hell happened to your balls?" "Met a really nice girl in a bar... she was rather forward. I liked it, then the pain came..." lol

Hawaii 5-0 - Yes, I actually turned this on for a moment. No, I didn't really watch the original series. Remember, monster movies or nothing. Even as a kid it was the same. That's all I watch. In any case, I turned this on to see if I needed to change my policy on watching non-monster-related media. No. No I don't. The few moments I watched of this was all talk and no action. I know there has to be some parts of the shows wherein there's some character dialogue. I know this. But again, no ball-grabbing = no watching. In this instance, some military fellow was talking to a mayor about something and there was too much emotion in the first few minutes. It looked too scripted, basically, they were arguing about something and since I didn't care about either of the characters yet, I had no reason to stick around to find out why. Booooo riiinng.

Well, let's see... I think I'll keep watching House, at least until they find a replacement for 13. Hawaii 5-0 and Chase got dumped already as far as I am concerned. The event.. well, maybe. It better have a lot more action or more aliens or more goddamn something or I'm dropping it fast.

Oh, and for those of you who are curious, my co-worker has recovered from her cold and no longer sounds like Scarlett. or Amber. Sigh. Still waiting for cold and flu season to really kick in. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...