Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Down to 8 Lives

So, I was driving into work yesterday morning, and I ran over a cat.

What I am curious about is, if a black cat crossing your path gives you bad luck, what does it mean if a white cat crosses your path? And then you run over it with your car? :-o

On the plus side, I'm fairly certain it lived. There was no blood, fur, or body parts adhering to the front of my car when I got to work, and the incident happened just before I got here, so I assume there'd be some sort of feline residue left, wouldn't you think? Also, in the rear view mirror I saw the cat bounding across the other side of the road with it's tail in the air, so either it was unaware that it had in fact died or it was a very lucky cat. At least I think it was it's tail raised high in the air. Could have been a leg raised haphazardly into the air as the cat tumbled bonelessly along the side of the road.

On a happier note, I like Starcraft 2. There's this stupid achievement thing going on, which, I absolutely, without equivocation, doubt or misgiving, hate with a passion bordering on that of the insane. I mean, seriously, wtf is up with achievements? They can't just make the game good, they have to litter it with goddamn achievements so you get some sense of accomplishing something? How empty does your life have to be that you play a game to get a sense of accomplishment? Or, how empty do the people at blizzard assume your life is, that they make achievements such a part of the game that you can't even choose a decent portrait for your battle,net avatar without scoring some grand achievements? Honestly, I think Blizzard is a bunch of mac-using, elitist assholes who think I have nothing better to do with my time than play 25 matches as a zerg against 2 protoss opponents on a free for all game map just so I can get some stupid award. Who the fuck comes up with this unbelievable bullshit? Why not just give me a goddamn variety of cool portraits for my character profile without making it all about how many hoops I've jumped through for you? Fucking pricks.

Something else I'd like to mention, there's ONLY a terran campaign. No zerg. No protoss. Sure, they are in multiplayer and skirmishes and stuff, but forget playing the zerg in a campaign until... god knows whenever blizzard is going to get around to releasing the "expansion packs" or whatever the hell else they are calling it to rip more money from your goddamn wallet. Oh and don't even give me that "it's not about the money, they just wanted to focus on one race at a time." bullshit. IT'S ABOUT THE MONEY, MORON. They already raised the standard price of the game from $50 to $60, just because they KNEW we'd pay it anyway. Fucking assholes. I mean, they already know they got me by the balls, and I know they know it, why do they have to give me that little extra squeeze to make sure they know I know they know?? And do you get anything extra in your goddamn game box for that extra $10? Fuck no, I didn't even get a goddamn GAME MANUAL. That's right, $60 and they couldn't even put in a pretty game manual to show me how to play. What WAS in the box? Free temporary guest passes to try out their OTHER games! Fucking Blizzard. Goddamn, fucking, elitist-prick, having-me-by-the-balls assholes. And there's TWO more of these fucking things coming out, JUST with the other campaigns in them. Like I'm going to buy that "oh, we wanted to spend the last twelve years focusing on one campaign so it would be good." bullshit. YOU WANT MORE MONEY, DICKWAD. JUST COME RIGHT THE FUCK OUT AND SAY IT INSTEAD OF THINKING OF ME AS A TOTAL RETARD WHO CAN'T FIGURE OUT YOU WANT MORE MONEY.

If Blizzard didn't have me by the balls, I'd fucking boycott their games. Come to think of it, if I'm only playing their games once every 12 years, does that in effect, constitute a boycott? Fucking pricks will probably ask for another $60 for each goddamn expansion pack too. If they take less than 6 months to make the zerg or protoss campaigns, there's your proof right there that they just want more money. Seriously, 12 goddamn years working on JUST the terran campaign, and 6 month to make the next two or three? Yea, right. It's not about the money, MY FAT ASS!!!

Erm. Other than that. Not a bad game at all. Plays JUST like the original, but with better graphics. Which sounds bad, because it makes it SOUND like they didn't do anything new, but seriously, when the original game was perfection, how much better can it get? But the only thing I find is, I've grown a bit since the original. I want MORE out of my games. Why DO the terrans not have any defensive structures? Why are the defensive structures so underpowered anyway? Ah well, I didn't make the damn thing, I'm just the fucking stupid moron who paid $60 for the same game with better graphics, right? What the FUCK was I thinking? GAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I'm an idiot. Should have just waited 5 or 6 years til the price went down. Shit, waited 12 years to start with, why not a few more?

Obviously, I have mixed feelings on the whole attitude of blizzard, but as far as I can tell, they still make decent games. I mean, starcraft 2 is no Stronghold Crusader or anything, which, if Firefly Studios were to release that with better graphics and a little better marketing, I think they'd kick blizzard's hairy ballsack. Nothing extra in that game, just good goddamn gameplay, intricate strategy, and oh yea, it was FUN. Oh well. Blizzard. why does every gaming company pattern themelves after them? Just because they are popular in korea? I don't even speak korean!

As an interesting final note, I've just noticed there's a new SIMS game coming out in 2011 with a Medieval setting instead of 21st century. Which, could be good, I mean, the usual SIMS is more of a chick game to me. Building my dream house, finding a job, getting married, having kids, bleh, if I wanted any of that shit, I'd leave my room/cube once in a while and do it for real. Why pay money to do it in a game? Ridiculous concept, if you ask me, but there's a lot of stupid people out there and the game has sold really well, so, you figure it out. Anyway, this medieval concept may be a step in the right direction. Reminds me, again, of stronghold crusader, where you'd design your castle and then defend it against other castle-builders/medieval lords. If the medieval SIMS is anything close to that, I am all for it. Now all they need to do is make it all about Goblins and it's my dream game.

I just think Goblins are really underrated as an evil race. They need a better Public Relations guy to sell them right.

1 comment:

  1. dude, bit torrents..... i have the game FOR FREE and forget the sims, tron is comming out with a new game to go with the sequel "brandobaras"

    ReplyDelete

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...