Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Town part 3

Eh. Now I'm torn. I don't know if I should keep watching Happy Town or not.

I mean, it's not like I have much else to do on a wednesday night except watch Happy Town. And scarf ice cream. And chat up internet chicks. But why does Happy Town want to ride the fence between being a good show, and being a crappy show? Okay, let's take what is working for Happy Town and what isn't.

Sam neill is definitely a good thing for happy town. Major actor, on screen presence, awesome character. I don't even know why he's there or what sort of psychic powers he may or may not have, or what the history was between him and the now one handed ex chief of police, but even if none of those things are explained, definitely keep him around. He lends a touch of class to the town and sort of reminds me of that store proprietor from the Needful Things book by Stephen King.

Lauren German as Henley/Chloe. Hot. So hot. Cute. So cute. Want. So bad. I have no idea what they are doing with her character but making her an absent-minded slut is always good for viewership. I'm hoping at some point she forgets to wear clothes. I may spontaneously combust from the heat of my love if she ever does, so if you don't see me after her next nude scene, you know what happened.

Amy Acker as the new sheriff's wife. Why the HELL they had her kidnapped by the magic man is beyond me. She was the bright spot behind the new sheriff, who appears without doubt to be a total dufus. I mean, his rivalry with the Ike Clanton gang or whoever the hell they are is fine and all, but he's coming out as the loser in the battle even though he soundly kicked their asses last time, mainly because they are going to outsmart him and I am pretty sure he knows it too.

The One-Handed Chief. I don't know why they replaced him so early on with the new sheriff, but the psychic link thing he had going on, plus the fact that he actually knew what he was doing, would have been AWESOME to explore. Instead, he's laying in a hospital bed muttering incoherencies to random visitors. Hopefully the show's writers will wake up and wake HIM up to return to his job as sheriff, one handed or not, because he has more acting presence than the new guy.

The Magic Man. The idea of a serial kidnapper who leaves almost no traces and might actually be capable of real magic is intriguing. The ritualistic hammer that henley/chloe found and the bird of prey which apparently accompanies him would lend evidence to suggest that there is something more behind the magic man than just a serial killer. Even if he turns out to be just a satanic cultist or something, that would still be sort of cool.

What's not working for Happy Town:

Everything else. Literally, and I realize they had to create some sort of town for the adventure to happen in, but a bread-baking town during Thawfest with 15 million sherriffs and some all-knowing old biddy who abuses her money and power in a position of authority? Bleh. Start over.

I think the next episode should start with Henley waking up in bed with sam neill, and everyone else in the damn town is GONE. The magic man took them all. And they go wake up the comatose sheriff and the three of them have to track down and kill the magic man personally. And henley should be naked the whole time.

I'm a genius, that is the best idea EVER. I should write for this show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...