Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh look, I have a blog!

So I'm chatting on Yahoo the other day. Yes, people still use yahoo, stop looking at me like that. And my buddy says "Hey, where's your blog gone off to?" Other than scripting an elaborate tale of my blog (which used to be on myspace) having gone off to the islands of the south pacific and currently living off coconuts and sleeping naked on the beach, I wasn't sure what to tell him. I mean, I killed my myspace page like, FOREVER ago. Or a year. Whichever is longer in internet time. So I told him I had been thinking of starting it up again and I'd tell him the new address.

So I'm wandering about looking at different blog sites and I notice one that uses my gmail login to post with. Since I already have a gmail address, I got all excited and wet myself. Twice. So as it turns out, about 11 months ago, I already found this blog site, created a theme and posted twice... and then COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT. Yes. Apparently, my schedule of eat-sleep-game-watch tv is SO intense that I just forgot all about my blog. Crazy, huh?

The answer to that question is, of course, YES. I am crazy. If you read my previous blog, you know this. I mean, the open letter to my colon should be ample evidence. Craziest thing EVAR. I mean, colons don't even have eyes to read letters with. Or hands. Or brains. I mean, how weird would it be to have a pair of arms shoot out of your arse and starting reading letters? Then again, I suppose it would save time. But, that'd be like stealing your mail, wouldn't it, if your colon started reading mail addressed to you? And who addresses mail to your colon? But I suppose, in that one instance, while your colon was reading the letter addressed to it, you could read another letter. Or do something else entirely. Like screaming OHMYFUCKINGGOD THERE'S A PAIR OF HANDS AND EYES COMING OUT OF MY COLON!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which, I mean, I know I don't speak for everyone, but it would unnerve me just a smidgen.

Anyway, my point, I'm not the only crazy person here. YOU TOO are insane. It's a fact. While I may be unable to look at a woman's elbow without getting wood, you may enjoy molesting women's stiletto heels. Steve down at the diner likes sheep. Each to his own, I suppose. Come to think of it, I don't even eat at a diner. And Steve is probably just one of the voices in my head. But dammit, he told me he likes sheep, and there's nothing wrong with that in some countries. BAAA means yes in Irish, and probably New Zealandereanese, too.

So here I am at work, and I just went over with my review with my supervisor. He thought the idea of a beer keg in every cubicle was a good one, but it would be against company policy to allow actual beer in them. Good thing they haven't checked my "water bottle" lately, wink wink nudge nudge say no more. Apparently I am getting a whopping 60 cents more an hour next year. My nephew, who was crazy enough to get a job here sitting in the cube next to me, remarked how that wasn't really a lot, but then, i broke it down for him so he could understand. 60 cents extra, working part time as I am, is an extra 15 computer games per year! :-D You have to break these numbers down into meaningful things, otherwise, they sound completely trivial. Especially at my job. Well, look at that, time to go home and molest Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...