Thursday, October 10, 2013

Horror movie Review #10 - The Beast of Bray Road (2005)

You know I'm not sure if I reviewed this one before or not, but I'm sickly the last few days so I'm going with it.

The Beast of Bray Road (2005) was a fictional account of some supposedly unexplained werewolf sightings in Wisconsin.  Apparently they all centered on or around bray road, which, I would assume, is somewhere in Wisconsin.  lol  In this movie, the incumbent sheriff is actually fresh from the big city to replace the outgoing sheriff, who happens to be the incumbent Mayor.  A rash of monster sightings in the area prompts the outgoing sheriff to play up the "werewolf" aspect of the sightings to encourage tourism.  Unfortunately, as you may have guessed, this only rings the dinner bell for the hungry beast...

I did like this movie.  It's got a nice mix of science, tough ass police, some pretty breasts...  I mean, uh, actresses...  and the werewolf is both fast, smart and powerful.  The outgoing sheriff, who is heading off to be the mayor, is pretty goddamn cute, and has a topless scene at some point in the movie, and there's your typical topless scene by someone who dies early on.  The plot is coherent, the acting is okay for your basic Syfy movie, and there's lots of blood and gore.  I've already seen it it a couple times before and it's certainly okay to watch again.

Sarah Lieving plays the bar owner, who apparently had a meteoric rise to fame in 2005.  She's had steady work in film ever since.  Noel Thurman plays the outgoing Sheriff, and she's had steady work since this film.  Some... guy plays the incumbent sheriff, but, he's a guy, so I don't care who he is.  lol

This movie seemed to score pretty low both on IMDB and Netflix, but don't let the low ratings fool you.  The effects aren't stellar but they work, and the acting isn't oscar worthy, but it works, and the boobs...  ok, the boobs are nice.  Can't fault the boobies.  Yea.  I'm sick, shut up.

More reviews tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...