Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Town part 2

So speaking of insano-land, I caught the second episode of Happy Town last night.

I was not as happy with happy town as last week. Maybe it's because I had a headache, but everything seems to be flying along in Happy Town. I mean, it's good for there to be action, but we need to have action at a speed that we can figure out what the hell is going on. It's basically the difference between being sober and going 75 mph on your way to work in the morning and being drunk and going 75 mph on your way home in a thick fog. Happy Town went from being a good 55 mph on a sunny, well lit road, to 85 mph on a dark, twisty mountain turnpike.

Basically, last week introduced the characters, let us know who basically did what job in town, the basics of the relationships but not the dynamics (you can't get that in one episode), and now they are basically writing what should be happening in the season finale. Already, and this is only the second episode in, we've got crazy muttering, psychotic episodes in seemingly normal people, betrayal, weird shit going on all over the damn place, and people dying like squirrels in the backwoods of kentucky at dinnertime. I'm not sure how the hell they are going to follow up season-finale stuff in the third episode, but I'm just totally confused at this point.

For one, I'm not sure why the sherriff keeps mentioning Chloe. I mean i suppose it's a psychic thing, but why an old sherriff would have some sort of random psychic contact with a living person is beyond me. And it's not even psychic contact, it's more of a precognition thing that he doesn't know about, like automatic writing but with automatic fortune telling instead. Whatever that was, apparently drove him insane without him knowing it. Then you've got the actual Chloe, why she's in town or wtf she's doing there, no idea. They didn't explain, all she's done so far is steal a hammer.

I want to take a moment to again say that Chloe is super hot. In an adorably cute way. If I was half the man I am, I'd still seduce her in a heartbeat, and I'm twice the man I am, so... I'd do her 4 times. Yea. It's a math thing.

So then we have the standard craziness that is a local town's sherriff dept, only this town's sherriff dept has like 20 officers on it, which is psychotically insane. I mean typical small town sherriffses have like, what, a sherriff and 2 deputies? I guess it depends on the size of the town or whatever, but wtf. We are talking Haddonfield NJ size sherriff's depts here, where you expect two dozen of them are going to die from michael myers and there's STILL going to be enough of them left to shotgun the shit out of the killer at the end. Why there are this many in this little bread-baking town is beyond me.

And I like Sam Neill in this thing, but wtf is he actually DOING there? All i can see so far is that he's charming the pants off old ladies, and i think he's got some crazy psychic powers thing going on, and I think he's chloe's dad, but only because he hasn't tapped that ass yet and if I was that close to her, I'd be tapping it on the street in broad daylight while people cheer me on.

So now we have insane shit going on in the second episode, season-finale shit, and if this thing gets so damn confusing that it ends up being like Lost, where you ARE lost if you miss an episode, then screw it. I don't need to be any more confused than I already am. I'll check it out next week and see if it makes any more sense, but at the moment it doesn't look like a really great show.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...