Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Oh That Was Not Nice

It's starting to be a crappy new year already. I'm back at work now, but I missed my first day back because, for no apparent reason (most likely food poisoning, I swear I didn't have any alcohol for days before this), I woke up just before my alarm for work was supposed to go off, wandered into the bathroom with a belly ache, and promptly threw up. Since throwing up is unusual for me (might happen once every year if I am unlucky), I decided it best not to head into work. Thereby negating my holiday pay for both christmas AND new years. Then all of yesterday I felt bad. All that wonderful food gone down the drain. Sigh.

This morning, I am standing at my parents' bedroom door, and my Dad (who's been dead for several years now, obviously I am dreaming), wakes up and asks me if I will be home today. "Yes," I reply. "It's saturday, I'll be home all day." And then I turn to go back to bed... And my alarm goes off, waking me for work. On a Tuesday. Just stick the knife in and TWIST!

So I've already used my Vomit Day up for the year, and I'm only 5 days in. I guess I am going to have to give up drinking til 2011. I don't know if I can make it through the entire year sober. Happy Bloody New Year. On a related note, I've decided to start up Gaming and TV/book review blogs as well. Site addresses to follow once I make them. This one being my more personal, warm, fuzzy blog. The "intimate one" he says in a deep Barry White week-long bender voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...