Thursday, April 28, 2011

Random Thoughts

Ah yes, in response to comments on my last post, I hadn't considered the mental aspect of an alien species. It makes sense that no sane alien species would want to interact with an insane one. However, the concept of what constitutes sane and insane, to an alien, would obviously be mind-bogglingly different. Which would make biological cues that much more important. Whether it could correctly determine how accurate our TV portrayals were in comparison to how we really are would be a subject for much debate, whereas, I expect biological cues to be pretty much similar on any planet. Life fights for survival and dominance wherever it sparks into being.

A bunch of people got killed in the south yesterday by a crapload of tornadoes. I think it's sad when the most exciting thing on TV is the weather channel. I've got 250 channels, including every premium channel my cable company has to offer, and what's the most exciting thing going on? The weather. Sure, a lot of people died, too, and that IS sad, but since I am an egocentric asshole, all I care about is that it made for exciting TV... for about an hour. I know, I'm an egocentric asshole, didn't i just admit that? Nobody's perfect!

And i'm still playing minecraft. Yea, it's pretty addicting. Almost 9 or 10 months and counting. Still waiting for goblins to show up in the game. I'm currently running a multiplayer server and remodeling my extensive farmhouse while avoiding those bastard, sneaky creepers.

End of my work week! Family from out of town coming in tomorrow, means good eating for the next week! Wheeeeeee on both counts! Time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Halloween!

And OHMRAT 2023 ends just as it began.  With a quiet whimper.  Sadly, I had no time this month.  Too busy trying to stay alive.  But, I did ...